Liz asked what would be my advice to someone who is thinking of starting a blog.
I would suggest:
- Write about something you love and have plenty to say about! (I am amazed I have so much to say. I think those who know me would say I am quite a quiet person....)
- Post regularly - it doesn't need to be daily of course, but it should be consistent.
- I read somewhere to write about one subject at a time, and one aspect of that subject at a time. I try to do this - it makes for clarity and simplicity I think.
- Choose your title carefully. My Simply Live/Eat/Organise/Write......format allows me to blether away on all sorts of subjects!
- Have one or two ideas for posts that you can use when you are truly pressed for time.
- Read other blogs and analyse what it is you like (or dislike) about them.
- Watch the tutorial videos on potential blog platforms.
- Go for it. You won't die if you fail. You'll just be a bit embarassed that your words are floating forever out there in cyberspace (you can't get them back!) There are worse fates!